Linux Systems Engineer (CI/CD)
So, we’ve taken a long journey and managed to create a Website and Customer Portal that are pretty cool but it is time to step it up. You are the one that will help us do exactly that. We need an OPS magician who can come and perform his magic on our infrastructure.
You have the opportunity to join our teams (CP and Website) and decide what the next best improvement would be and how you would like to implement it. You will work in collaboration with other teams which have performed some operational magic of their own (trust me, we are good at what we do). This will give you the opportunity to learn a lot but also be part of a community of professional who are focussed on creating awesome, innovative solutions.
Being able to self-organise is really important. You need to be able to advise both teams on the best way to improve their deployment strategies, infrastructure and systems. You will be participating in the Sprints of both teams and you will need to decide which team to join when in order to add the most value. Your Scrum Master and Product Owner will, of course, help you with this.
If you can think out of the box and help make the Customer Portal and the Website something to be proud of, this position is for you.
As a system engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the availability of our infrastructure
- Identify and propose new technologies we can use to improve our services
- Deployment and maintenance of a Linux based production environment
- Maintenance / Improvement of deployment pipelines ( CI / CD )
- Develop and support automated deployments of our infrastructure
- Ensuring consistency across development and production environments.
- Support a hosting environment consisting of a LAMP stack and CDN.
- More than 5 years linux experience.
- Experience in using CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins
- Experience in using configuration management systems such as Chef / Puppet / Ansible
- Working knowledge of containers such as Docker is useful
- Have experience in the Web hosting domain eg. LAMP stack, MEAN stack.
- Working knowledge of CDNs and scaling applications.
- Good understanding of network operations and troubleshooting.
- Basic security risk evaluation on OS and application level.
- Comfortable working in an environment where agility is a strong focus (Scrum).
- Assimilate and improve existing leaseweb practises.
- Automate deployment pipeline setup and maintenance ( including Chef )
- Instil OPS perspective and insight in the existing teams
- Inter-team collaboration to optimise infrastructure / deployment
- Research / Implement new approaches to deployment
- Handle day-2-day operational tasks focussing on Website and CP
- Empower Development team to improve application development environments and processes.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events.
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.