The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented individuals to join us.
Are you a hands-on and technology-driven Data center Operations Specialist? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you energetic and able to get things done? Then you should apply with us!
Everybody at Leaseweb is responsible for high customer satisfaction. We give our customers a royal treatment. Our Data center Operations Team is involved in the daily management of our current 6 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open 3 more data center location in Singapore, Japan and Australia later this year.
This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users.
You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the provisioning process in our data center in Singapore, and other data centers in the region as needed. You can manage complex installations and customer projects. You also assist customers with the installation of servers and other equipment in more complex designs. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
As a Data Center Operations Specialist, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 7am a.m. to 6 p.m. On request you have to start your workday early to support our operations in Australia and Japan if needed. And be on call when needed. You will receive a flat EOD (Engineer on Duty) payment of S$400 once a month. One week per month you will be on EOD and be standby.
You will report to the Data center Operations Team Manager.
- Installation, relocation, and removal of server equipment at the data center
- Taking ownership and giving lead to customer projects, relocation projects and complex installations.
- On the Job training of Data Center Operations Engineers
- The assistance of customers within data centers (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Is capable of analysing data and advising the local team manager on improvements to be made to the department local processes
- Upgrade/downgrade of server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replacement of hardware and handling of all relevant administrative matters.
- Testing servers and server equipment in accordance with standards
- Work with remote hands partners within the APAC region to support installation and/or adjustment of servers.
- At least multiple years of hands-on experience working in a data center with servers
- Strong Knowledge of various operating systems, especially Linux
- Strong Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, KVM, Hard Drives, Memory etc.)
- Network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Certificate or degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferably with an emphasis in Technology
- Strong Work Ethic
- Professional and effective communication
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Great attention to detail
- Problem analysis
- Ability to travel internationally to other data centers, as needed.
- Travel <10%
- It would be a plus if you could speak Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Japanese.
- It would be a plus if you have (basic) knowledge of SAP
- Only Singaporeans or PR
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with hands-on experience, working in a data center environment. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + AWS + annual bonus scheme
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 18 days of paid time off
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.