Each Leaseweb company promotes a high level of responsible behavior in connection with the use of its services and each Leaseweb company respects the rights of others and requires that users of Leaseweb services do the same. To ensure that rights holders can effectively enforce their rights, and also to ensure that any misuse of Leaseweb services is remedied, each of the Leaseweb entities has adopted an abuse handling policy.
None of the Leaseweb companies is able to monitor completely the manner in which its services are used by a customer or an end user. If you have identified that Leaseweb services are used in violation of the Leaseweb policies or any applicable law, or if you believe that your content has been used in any manner that infringes upon your rights, you can send an abuse notification to the relevant Leaseweb entity. The procedure and requirements for the abuse notifications are set forth below.
The Leaseweb Abuse Prevention department makes sure to act quickly on all notifications it receives. All notifications received are evaluated by Leaseweb’s automatic Abuse Prevention Tool, which is active 24/7 and handles notifications all year round.
Requirements for Notifications
Please follow the requirements stated below when submitting a notification about content hosted and/or transmitted by a Leaseweb company. It is imperative that you follow these guidelines; non-compliance may result in a delayed or faulty processing of your notification.
- Ensure that the notification is submitted in plain text.
- Submit the notification in English language.
- Send the abuse notification to the correct Leaseweb company.
- Do not send any notifications from a NO-REPLY email address.
- Include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- The notification should reference an IP address from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred. This IP address must be assigned to a Leaseweb company.
- The notification should reference a static URL that from where the reported content is located or from which the reported conduct occurred. This URL should resolve to an IP address assigned to a Leaseweb company.
- Only include one IP address per notification. If you wish to submit a notification for more than one IP address, please send multiple notifications.
- Only include URLs or domains in your abuse notification for which you are seeking resolution.
- Provide a description of the content or conduct that you wish to report and why this is infringing your rights or violating applicable law or the applicable Acceptable Use Policy.
- For trademark infringement notifications: the registration details (including registration number) for the infringed trademark.
- For copyright infringement, please include a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, including a copy of the copyrighted work or the web page address where the copyrighted work may be found.
- For hacking, VOIP/SIP Scanning, (D)Dos and malicious software: a description of the illegal activities, including date and timestamp, the IP address of servers that are subject of the illegal activities, the destination port, source port and log files.
- Include one of the following key words in the body of your notification: [Child abuse] [Live streaming] [Copyright] [ Trademark] [Voip/SIP] [Phishing] [DDOS] [Spam] [Hack] [Malware] [Gambling] [Zoophilia] [Defamation] [personal data] [Photos of persons]
For DMCA Notices for Leaseweb USA, Inc and Leaseweb CDN B.V., the following additional requirements apply:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright allegedly infringed;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material at issue is not authorized by the copyright owner, the agent of the copyright owner or the law; and
- A statement by you that the information in this notification is accurate and a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner of the material allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
The Abuse Prevention department works with an automated Abuse Handling tool. This Tool serves both the Leaseweb customer, and the notifier. Both parties receive an active interface which can be used to track the status of a notification, and communicate directly with the relevant Abuse Prevention department. After submitting a notification, you will receive an email with a link to the Leaseweb Abuse Prevention Tool.
In most instances, the Leaseweb company does not have access to particular content hosted by users of Leaseweb services. Upon receipt of an abuse notification, the Abuse Prevention Tool will forward your notice to the appropriate customer. It may therefore be more efficient, and in some cases even required, for you to send your abuse notification directly to the user of Leaseweb services.
How to submit an Abuse Notification?
You can submit a notification to the relevant Leaseweb company by way of email. It is important that you send the notification to the correct Leaseweb company. Each company has its own designated email address for abuse notifications:
|Leaseweb Netherlands B.V.||abuse@nl.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb Deutschland GmbH||abuse@de.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb USA, Inc.||abuse@us.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.||abuse@sg.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb CDN B.V.||abuse@cdn.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb Network B.V.||abuse@network.Leaseweb.com|
|Leaseweb UK Ltd.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leaseweb Australia PTY Ltd.||email@example.com|
You can also submit a notification through our web form.
DMCA notices for Leaseweb USA, Inc and Leaseweb CDN B.V. may also be sent to:
For Leaseweb USA, Inc.
DMCA Copyright Agent: Jon Frankel.
Address: 1900 M Street, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20036, USA.
Leaseweb CDN B.V.
DMCA Copyright Agent: Fulco Blokhuis
Address: Leidsegracht 9
1017 NA Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Leaseweb Compliance Transparency Report
The Leaseweb Compliance Transparency Report, issued by the Legal & Compliance Department, provides an overview of Leaseweb Abuse Handling performance as a good hoster. This document addresses the following:
- Deeper insight into the Abuse Handling process
- The setup of the compliance department, from handling all incoming abuse notifications to KYC
- Leaseweb’s contribution in fighting CSEM, including its compliance program for customers
- Leaseweb’s compliance rate and Uptime requirements
- Regulatory developments
- And much more