LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands, has launched vCloud, an easier, faster and more cost-effective way for enterprises to deploy a VMware-based private cloud environment. Designed for organizations seeking a resource-based, flat-fee private cloud option, vCloud provides a mid-point solution between LeaseWeb's existing CloudStack private cloud hosting platform and its VMware-powered custom cloud.
“LeaseWeb’s vCloud enables enterprises to quickly deploy and deliver private cloud-based resources, without the typically long and complex design and build process, all at a fixed price,” said Robert van der Meulen, Manager of Cloud for LeaseWeb. “As with our CloudStack-based offering, this allows customers to know exactly what they will be paying for their cloud services at the end of every month.”
In addition to flat pricing and ease of implementation, vCloud provides flexibility to enterprises that are already running ‒ or want to run ‒ VMware; for example, letting them easily create hybrid environments with a combination of bare metal and cloud servers. Seamless integration and APIs also make it easier for users to define their own instances, configure storage and network capacities, and deploy dedicated firewalls and load balancers.
vCloud is designed for SMB and enterprise users with existing VMware-based infrastructure and brand requirements, as well as for those seeking to implement new solutions using VMware.
“The adaptability of vCloud helps enterprises make more efficient use of their resources,” van der Meulen said. “At the same time, the flat-fee structure reduces costs by eliminating the need to invest upfront in costly hardware, software licenses and other resources. Our customers know exactly what they’re getting – scalable infrastructure with enterprise-class reliability.”
Key features of vCloud from LeaseWeb:
- Powerful API: use the vCloud API to create the most powerful infrastructure management solutions quickly and easily
- Extensive GUI: manage and define your cloud through user-friendly, easy-to-use GUI
- Dedicated resources: receive a virtually unlimited amount of on-demand computing, with guaranteed resources for your Cloud
- Fault tolerant design: benefit from built-in high availability for your instances as well as the platform
- Snapshot management: take ad-hoc snapshots of your virtual machines or vApps at a particular point in time and, if necessary, revert back to earlier snapshots at a later time
- Firewalls: apply an easy-to-use stateful inspection firewall at the perimeter of the virtual data center or even at the VM level to ensure high availability
- VPN: extend your virtual data center securely with industry-standard IPsec and SSL VPN capabilities, and link virtual data centers for hybrid cloud computing at low cost
- Load balancer: scale application delivery for high-volume applications, including different types of health checks, without the need for dedicated hardware
- Virtual networking: create multiple private networks, independent from one another, or extend your on-premises network using the VPN feature
- Template cloning: easily clone instances via simple template creation processes
- ISO and template management: upload and manage OS templates and attach ISO images to your instances
LeaseWeb’s vCloud is available effective immediately in the Netherlands, and is expected to roll out to customers in the USA and Singapore within the next few months, with availability in other markets to follow. Businesses interested in learning more about vCloud should visit: https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/private/vmware/vcloud.