LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands, today announced the opening of a Dallas-based data center in response to growing U.S. customer demand. The new data center, which is LeaseWeb USA’s third deployment, will strengthen the company’s product and service offerings across the country and expand its relationship with Equinix.
With existing U.S. data centers in Washington, D.C., and San Jose, Calif., LeaseWeb USA’s rapidly growing footprint provides customers the benefit of added points of access, helping them mitigate risk and eliminate the need for outside disaster recovery services, while increasing reliability and redundancy. The new data center will offer LeaseWeb’s comprehensive portfolio of high bandwidth and low latency infrastructure solutions, including dedicated server hosting and colocation services, all of which can be managed remotely, giving customers full control no matter where they’re located.
“LeaseWeb has doubled its U.S. footprint in the last six months and our new Dallas-based data center is helping to propel this growth, allowing us to meet the booming customer demand we’ve seen in the local market,” said William Schrader, CEO, LeaseWeb USA. “We have existing data centers serving customers on both coasts of the U.S., and our latest deployment will expand our seamless network of coverage, giving customers strategic access to LeaseWeb’s leading portfolio of solutions.”
The new Dallas-based data center expands LeaseWeb USA’s partnership with Equinix and the Equinix Marketplace™, an online community where Equinix customers can showcase products and services for both selling and buying. Through their storefront in Equinix’s Marketplace, LeaseWeb USA will promote and sell the comprehensive LeaseWeb brand portfolio of managed hosting solutions. Additionally, the Marketplace will allow Equinix customers to take advantage of LeaseWeb’s global presence and advanced hosting offerings while supporting their expanding customer base and further growth in the United States.
“Dallas continues to be one of the most strategic connectivity points in North America, and Equinix’s data centers provide a rich ecosystem of more than 275 local businesses,” said Jim Poole, Vice President, Global Service Providers, Equinix. “We are excited to have LeaseWeb in this market with us and to help facilitate interconnection directly to customers and partners in their digital supply chain.”
LeaseWeb USA’s latest deployment adds to LeaseWeb’s extensive global network of data centers, which includes 10 locations across Europe, Asia and North America. The LeaseWeb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.0 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.9999 percent core uptime.
LeaseWeb’s portfolio of solutions includes:
- Dedicated hosting with fully customizable infrastructure, allowing customers to configure their servers to handle anything from email hosting to mission critical applications. LeaseWeb’s servers also enable on-demand provisioning – from single servers to large-scale deployments.
- A full range of cloud server hosting solutions, from virtual servers to bare metal servers and private cloud, and the freedom to customize with access to leading resources like Apache CloudStack and VMware.
- LeaseWeb’s proprietary content delivery network (CDN), which bundles customized hardware and network optimization expertise with convenient pay-as-you go options. Optimized for large volume files and website acceleration, LeaseWeb CDN is ideal for e-commerce customers.
- A comprehensive range of colocation services, from rack units to private cages – all with flexible power and bandwidth options. LeaseWeb also offers customers the opportunity to combine traditional colocation with dedicated servers and cloud computing environments to create a tailored solution.
- LeaseWeb Application Security, a highly sophisticated security solution that ensures protection from hackers without impacting website performance. The solution includes a web application firewall (WAF), threat intelligence support by application security experts, and a 24/7 Security Operation Center.
LeaseWeb’s Dallas data center deployment follows the recent launch of LeaseWeb Cloud in Singapore. LeaseWeb is currently considering deploying additional data centers in Sydney and Tokyo as part of the company’s expansion plans.