Datacenter Operations Engineer
The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented colleagues to join us.
Are you a hands-on and technology-driven engineer? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you energetic and able to get things done? Then you should apply with us!
Our Data Center Operations team is involved in the daily management of our current 11 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia), with ambitious growth plans projected. This role includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users. You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the provisioning process in our data centers in Singapore, and other data centers in the region as needed. You also assist customers with the installation of servers and associated infrastructure.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 9am a.m. to 6 p.m. On request you have to start your workday early to support our operations in Australia and Japan if needed. The role also includes the need for on call support, on average one week per month. You will receive a flat EOD (Engineer on Duty) payment of S$400 once a month. You will report to the Data center Operations Team Manager.
- Installation, configuration, relocation, and removal of server equipment at the data center
- The assistance of customers within data centers (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Upgrade/downgrade of server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replacement of hardware and handling of all relevant administrative matters.
- Testing servers and server equipment in accordance with global standards
- Work with remote hands partners within the APAC region to support installation and/or adjustment of servers at remote locations.
- At least one year of hands-on experience working in a data center with servers
- Knowledge of various operating systems, especially Linux
- Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, KVM, Hard Drives, Memory etc.)
- Basic network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Certificate or degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferably with an emphasis in Technology
- Professional and effective communication in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel internationally to other data center locations, as needed (<10%)
- It would be a plus if you could speak Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Japanese to support our colleagues and partners in Japan and Hong Kong
- It would be a plus if you have (basic) knowledge of SAP
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with hands-on experience, working in a data center environment. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual, with ambition and drive to grow in a fast paced environment.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- AWS – 1 Month
- Annual bonus scheme
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Weekly team lunch
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.