LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands, today announced the availability of vCloud in Asia. vCloud offers an easier, faster and more cost-effective way for enterprises to deploy a VMware-based private cloud environment. The new platform is located in LeaseWeb Asia’s data center in Singapore.
“VMware solutions can be complex and time consuming to implement. LeaseWeb’s vCloud gives customers an easier way to quickly deploy private cloud-based resources, delivered ready to use and at a fixed monthly price,” said Bas Winkel, Managing Director of LeaseWeb Asia Pacific. “It enables customers to take their business to new levels thanks to increased scalability, tight cost control and enterprise-class infrastructure near Asian end-users.”
On top of cost efficiency and simplified implementation, vCloud enables customers to easily create hybrid cloud environments, combining for example cloud and dedicated servers. Seamless integration and an API also make it easier for users to define instances and gives total flexibility in allocating resources such as dedicated cores, RAM, storage and VPNs. In addition, users can increase security and scalability by adding software-based firewalls and load balancers.
Winkel adds: “The flexibility and transparent pricing vCloud offers cannot be found at the other major cloud providers. On top of that customers gain access to the global LeaseWeb platform, with its 24/7 support, seamless network coverage and tier 3 data centers. This way you can create a private cloud solution that's right for your business, providing an exceptional end-user experience, in turn boosting your revenue.”
The offering is designed for SMB and enterprise users with existing VMware-based infrastructure requirements, as well as for those seeking to implement new solutions using VMware.
Key features of vCloud from LeaseWeb
- Powerful API: use the vCloud API to create the most powerful infrastructure management solutions quickly and easily
- Extensive GUI: manage and define your cloud through user-friendly, easy-to-use GUI
- Dedicated resources: receive a virtually unlimited amount of on-demand computing, with guaranteed resources for your Cloud
- Fault tolerant design: benefit from built-in high availability for your instances as well as the platform
- Snapshot management: take ad-hoc snapshots of your virtual machines or vApps at a particular point in time and, if necessary, revert back to earlier snapshots at a later time
- Full flash storage: Full SSD storage system for high performance and availability
- Firewalls: apply an easy-to-use stateful inspection firewall at the perimeter of the virtual data center or even at the VM level to ensure high availability
- VPN: extend your virtual data center securely with industry-standard IPsec and SSL VPN capabilities, and link virtual data centers for hybrid cloud computing at low cost
- Load balancer: scale application delivery for high-volume applications, including different types of health checks, without the need for dedicated hardware
- Réseau virtuel : create multiple private networks, independent from one another, or extend your on-premises network using the VPN feature
- Template cloning: easily clone instances via simple template creation processes
- ISO and template management: upload and manage OS templates and attach ISO images to your instances
LeaseWeb’s vCloud is available immediately in Singapore. The solution was launched in the Netherlands last March and is expected to roll out to customers in other markets during the coming months. To learn more about vCloud, visit: https://www.leaseweb.com/vcloud.