Linux Systems Engineer (CI/CD)
So, we’ve taken a long journey and managed to create a Website and Customer Portal that are pretty cool but it is time to step it up. You are the one that will help us do exactly that. We need an OPS magician who can come and perform his magic on our infrastructure.
You have the opportunity to join our teams (CP and Website) and decide what the next best improvement would be and how you would like to implement it. You will work in collaboration with other teams which have performed some operational magic of their own (trust me, we are good at what we do). This will give you the opportunity to learn a lot but also be part of a community of professionals who are focused on creating awesome, innovative solutions.
Being able to self-organise is really important as you will advise both teams on the best way to improve their deployment strategies, infrastructure and systems. You will also participate in the sprints of both teams.
If you can think out of the box and help make the Customer Portal and the Website something to be proud of, this position is for you.
- Ensure the availability of our infrastructure
- Identify and propose new technologies we can use to improve our services
- Deployment and maintenance of a Linux based production environment
- Maintenance / Improvement of deployment pipelines ( CI / CD )
- Develop and support automated deployments of our infrastructure
- Ensuring consistency across development and production environments.
- Support a hosting environment consisting of a LAMP stack and CDN.
- Assimilate and improve existing Leaseweb practises.
- Automate deployment pipeline setup and maintenance ( including Chef )
- Instil OPS perspective and insight in the existing teams
- Inter-team collaboration to optimise infrastructure / deployment
- Research / Implement new approaches to deployment
- Handle day-2-day operational tasks focusing on Website and CP
- Empower Development team to improve application development environments and processes.
- Several years of Linux experience.
- Experience in using CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins
- Experience in using configuration management systems such as Chef / Puppet / Ansible
- Working knowledge of containers such as Docker is useful
- Have experience in the Web hosting domain eg. LAMP stack, MEAN stack.
- Working knowledge of CDNs and scaling applications.
- Good understanding of network operations and troubleshooting.
- Basic security risk evaluation on OS and application level.
- Comfortable working in an environment where agility is a strong focus (Scrum).
- You are able to work as Engineer on Duty
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Barbara Poveda, Talent Acquisition Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.