Medior Software Engineer - Bare Metal Automation Team
Are you passionate about software development and eager to define, develop and review new APIs? Can you work with the Agile / SCRUM methodology?
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of various small scrum teams. Each of the teams are responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape as well as third line support, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross-functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
Purpose of the role
In your role as Software Engineer, you are responsible for applying your expertise to support the team with operations and R&D. You will have the chance to work on our platform which is responsible for automation on more than 40.000 bare metal servers in 18 data center locations, around the world. The team also consists of system engineers and you will be working together with them, building products and features.
- Develop, maintain and support the teams data center infrastructure.
- Understand and maintain the software running on said infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain and support our data center automation products and driving feature development.
- 3rd line incident support (including on-call rotation EOD).
- Working closely with other departments (also non-technical) at Leaseweb.
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems.
Who are you?
You are passionate about Scrum/Agile values, principles and practices. You believe that continuous improvement also applies to yourself, and have the desire to grow. You are not afraid to experiment but at the same time keep in mind stability and reliability.
Your skill set?
- Common Linux distributions knowledge (Ubuntu, and optionally Red Hat, Debian).
- Experience with PHP Object Orientated Programming and frameworks (preferably Symfony)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Interest in infrastructure automation (preferably Chef) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of (or curiosity for) ISP-related technologies such as servers’ hardware and cloud technologies is a plus.
- Team player; ability to help your peers and open to your peers helping you.
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and training
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise, and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons, and much more
- Monthly after-work drinks
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.