Site Reliability Engineer - Developer Platform
The Leaseweb API is the front door for our services to the world. The API is used by all Leaseweb websites, dashboards, internal and external applications. For the Developer Platform team we are seeking for a Site Reliability Engineer, to build and maintain the best platforms supporting the APIs.
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 50 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why we have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As Site Reliability Engineer for the Developer Platform team you are responsible for applying your specialism to support the team with operations and R&D. You work with the team to design, implement and support new infrastructure needed to support our APIs and our development teams. The infrastructure includes the API Gateways, Kafka and Elasticsearch clusters, authentication platform and more.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the availability of our infrastructure
- Identify and propose new technologies we can use to improve our services
- Research, develop, implement and support new infrastructure
- Regular on-call duty
Who are you?
- Proven background in setting up infrastructure architectures
- Demonstrable Linux knowledge
- Experience with Elastic stack, Chef and Nginx
- Shell, Python or Ruby Scripting skills
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol is beneficial
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes is beneficial
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Fluent English communication skills are essential
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.