Senior System Engineer Network Automation
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of various small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape as well as third line support, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
Purpose of the role?
In your role as System Engineer Network Automation you are responsible for applying your expertise to support the team with operations and R&D. You will have the chance to work on our platform which is responsible for automation on more than 80,000 bare metal servers in 18 data center locations, around the world. The team also consists of software engineers and you will be working together with them, building products and features.
* Develop, maintain and support the teams data center infrastructure.
* Understand and maintain the software running on said infrastructure.
* Develop, maintain and support our data center automation products and driving feature development.
* 3rd line incident support (EOD).
* Working closely with other departments at Leaseweb.
* Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems.
Who are you?
You are passionate about Scrum/Agile values, principles and practices. You believe that continuous improvement also applies to yourself, and have the desire to grow. You are not afraid to experiment but at the same time keep in mind stability and reliability.
* Protocols such as: TCP/IP, DHCP, PXE, VLAN (802.1Q), QinQ (802.1ad), BGP.
* Scripting skills: Shell, Python, Ruby or PHP etc.
* Common Linux distributions (Ubuntu, and optionally Red Hat, Debian)
* Chef and/or Git Automation skills
* Basic understanding of virtualization systems such as kvm/qemu.
* Knowledge of monitoring systems like Icinga is desirable
* Experience with common server hardware (Dell, HP), RAID controllers and accompanying software tools is desirable
* Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
* Fluent English communication skills
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.