PHP Developer - Apache CloudStack
What is the role?
We are looking for PHP Developer to join our CloudStack team, your main focus will be developing and contributing to the Apache CloudStack project.
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers with curious minds who are excited about the challenges and responsible for building and operating Leaseweb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position, you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and networking, and our team values transparency, initiative, customer focus, collaboration and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does.
What you will do:
- Responsible for developing and supporting our systems written in PHP (using symfony framework) and following API-first philosophy.
- Development of full stack applications and APIs to manage and automate the deployment and management of VPS and Private Clouds (CloudStack)
- Together with your team you’ll actively contribute to maintain and deploy the team's applications in production environments with Chef and Ansible (Ubuntu).
- Collaborate with Leaseweb’s Product Engineering teams to define features, which we’ll give back to the community.
- Responsible for the maintenance of development environments for the team members (using CloudStack, Ansible and Docker) as well as the test and integration environments.
- Work on automating new platform deployments.
- Participation in the 'on duty' rotation schedule.
What you need to be successful:
- You live and breathe open source. You aim to ensure that the community can benefit from your contribution.
- A few years of experience on software development in PHP, and frameworks such us Symfony, or similar.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems.
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as ESXi, KVM, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like LibVirt is a plus
- Good to have knowledge on any IaaS platform (e.g. CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with some of the following tools/languages would be nice: Python, Git, Chef/Ansible, Prometheus, Kubernetes
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Barbara Poveda, Talent Acquisition Lead, at: email@example.com
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.