Network Design Engineer
Are you passionate about networking and able to design and operate global Internet networks, to establish superb internet connectivity for our hosting and cloud services around the world? Do you understand and can you help protecting our customers against the impact of malicious Internet traffic such as DDOS attacks?
At Leaseweb Network we design, manage, support and procure the networks and Internet traffic of the various Leaseweb entities around the world and we support Leaseweb customers with their networking needs. To ensure an optimized end-user experience for Leaseweb's services, we have direct connectivity to >4000 Internet networks via our global Internet backbone with >50 Data Centers and Points-of-Presence in Europe, the US and Asia, as well as to all major Tier 1 Internet backbones. Under the brand FiberRing we also provide network connectivity and Internet access services among the leading data centers in and around Amsterdam. The Network Operations team currently consists of a Manager Network Operations, 5 Network Design Engineers and 8 Network Engineers.
What is the role about?
As a Network Design Engineer you design and manage complex and large infrastructures, but also regularly deal with specifically tailor-made customer network set-ups. You will take an active role in designing and ensuring the continued development of the network infrastructure and services, including associated systems and tools. This includes but is not limited to offering pre-sales support with tailored solutions for our customers, traffic engineering to optimize quality and costs and advice for management regarding strategic developments in the network arena. Of course you will also be supporting incident resolution and coaching the Network Engineers.
Who are you?
Are you a network professional and open minded and pro-active problem solver? Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines?
If you are eager to understand how things work, please check the requirements below:
- At least 7+ years professional experience with BGP, MPLS and Cisco IOS
- At least 3+ years professional experience with 1 RIR
- Work experience with peering and internet exchanges is a must
- CCIE and/or JNCIE work experience
- You must hold a CCNP, CCDP or CCIP certificate
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English in essential
- Good command of Dutch will be an advantage
You will be joining a close-knit team where there is a strong emphasis among the members on reliance and cooperation with one another.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply. For more information, please contact Tabea Hensel, Talent Acquisition Specialist via: email@example.com.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.