Data Center Engineer - London (Slough)
Are you passionate about Hardware and Server Installation? Do you want to boost your career at a large cloud provider? If so, I have a good news, we are looking for a Provisioning Engineer / Technical support engineer.
This is a hardware-focused role in London (Slough area), providing collocation, dedicated servers, cloud and PoP Services.
What will you do?
- As this is a new role, you get the freedom to build your own way of working, in alignment with the existing processes of Leaseweb worldwide
- You’ll be the second employee of the provisioning department in the UK, meaning you have lots of freedom and you’ll set the standard for the new UK provisioning department
- Take ownership of building new services such as servers, private racks, collocations and process updates on them.
- Windows and Linux Server Installations, including hardware and software configuration
- Hardware and Software updating
- Server recovery
- Managing hardware \ spare part replacement
- Ticket resolving
- Troubleshooting closely with the Level 1 support team
- Administration due to the client requirements
- Participating in the capacity planning
- Project Management around provisioning of new servers or relocation of servers
- Give feedback to your Managing Director and the Amsterdam based team to improve our process
- Work closely with the Data center providers of Leaseweb in the UK and their remote hands teams
What makes us happy?
You have an IT background and you know how a Data center works.
On top of that
- Knowledge of Dell, HP or Supermicro server products
- Linux / Windows experience
- Experience with server building
- Problem solving mentality
- Basic Network knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in provisioning (cloud) servers
- You’re a self-starter and are able to work independent, knowing that you’ll be supported by the Amsterdam based team and the UK office. This means you need to be self-sustainable in daily operations
What can we offer for you?
- Competitive salary
- Annual Bonus
- Office in the Center London and many fun events
- Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
- Opportunity to travel frequently to Amsterdam (training will be provided from Amsterdam, and later on you’ll need to have updates every now and then)
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
- Opportunity to grow the provisioning/support team in the UK with the option to become Team Leader in the future, as you’ll be the first member of this team. As Leaseweb UK is growing rapidly, more members are expected in the upcoming years
Click on the apply button if you wish to apply directly. For more information, please contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via email@example.com
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.