Now that 2014 is over, it is a good time to look back with some facts on our blog’s traffic.
The 5 most popular post of 2014
#1 – 10 tools for PHP developers in Ubuntu 14.04
This post explains what a developer needs to install in Ubuntu 14.04. It is found by people searching for a PHP IDE in Ubuntu Linux.
#3 – PyCon 2014, full conference on YouTube
PyCon was great and so was the traffic on our website when we listed all the talks. Thank you PyCon for publishing them!
#4 – Blocking Google and Facebook tracking using Ad Block Plus and Ghostery
The popular opinion that Google and Facebook know way too much about us may be the reason for this posts popularity.
#5 – Testing framework using Maven, TestNG and Webdriver
This is a very good and technical post by Grygorii Gerashchenko on automated testing based on Java technology.
Unique visitors in 2014
Also we are very proud of the amount of unique visitors we have seen on the blog this year (compared to last year):
As you can see the year 2014 was a very good year for LeaseWeb Labs. Some facts:
- We have welcomed 670k unique visitors in 2014 as counted by Count Per Day!
- We have maintained the high post rate of 2013 with more than 6 posts per month.
- Even without viral hits on social bookmarking sites we now reach 60k unique visitors per month!
- We went from 1500 unique visitors per day in 2013 to 2000 unique visitors per day in 2014.
- This year we received almost half our visitors from Google (Search) were it was one third in 2013.
It takes quite some effort and writing discipline to build a popular blog. These are the statistics on our post behavior:
Let’s hope 2015 will be again a great year with lots of interesting posts. Please keep reading at LeaseWeb Labs!