Third line support engineer – Bare Metal
Are you an innovative and service driven Support Engineer? Are you keen to work in a fast moving environment with like-minded engineers?
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape as well as third line support, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
Purpose of the role?
In your role as third line Support Engineer, Bare Metal you are responsible for applying your expertise to support the team with operations and R&D. You will have the chance to work on our platform which is responsible for automation on more than 80 000 bare metal servers in 18 data center locations, around the world.
- Develop, maintain and support the data center infrastructure
- Understand and maintain the software running on said infrastructure
- Develop, maintain and support our data center automation products and driving feature development
- 3rd line incident support
- Working closely with other departments at Leaseweb
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems.
Who are you?
You are passionate about Scrum/Agile values, principles and practices. You believe that continuous improvement also applies to yourself, and have the desire to grow…
- Protocols such as: TCP/IP, DHCP, PXE, IPMI / Redfish, TFTP
- Scripting skills: Shell, Python, Ruby or PHP etc…
- Common Linux distributions (Red Hat, Debian) and/or FreeBSD
- Chef and/or Git Automation skills
- Experience with Virtualization systems such as VMware vSphere/KVM.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems like Icinga is desirable
- Experience with common server hardware (Dell, HP), RAID controllers and accompanying software tools is desirable
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Fluent English communication skills
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Click on the apply button if you wish to apply directly. For more information, please contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via firstname.lastname@example.org