PHP Software Developer - Cloud
As a PHP Software developer you will be working with a team of DevOps engineers with curious minds who are excited about the challenge and responsible for building and operating LeaseWeb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and networking, and our team values transparency, initiative, customer focus, collaboration and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does.
What is the role about?
As a Full-stack Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in PHP. You will work in an Agile self-organized team that takes care of the Customer Portal of LeaseWeb and the other organizations within Ocom group. Customer Portal is the main customer facing control panel where the customers manage their services, payments, support tickets, etc.. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative R&D projects.
Your typical day will start with a short stand-up meeting and continue with development, brainstorming and refinement of new features, lunch with your colleagues, communication with different teams and departments, code reviews and some more development.
Who are you?
Are you an open minded and pro-active problem solver? Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines?
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience on Object Oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Experience with PHP frameworks is a plus (preferably Symfony/Symfony2 or Laravel)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (preferably Bootstrap and SaSS)
- Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation (preferably MySQL)
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of GNU/ Linux environments
- Eager to play with new technologies and trends such as infrastructure automation, distributed systems, key-value stores, caching mechanisms, load balancing, Continuous Integration, Monitoring tools
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take up 24/7 responsibility for their product (regular on-call duty)
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate his work with GitHub profile or other website.
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.