Are you passionate about Hardware and Server Installation? Do you want to boost your career at a large cloud provider? If so, I have good news, we are looking for a Datacenter Operations Engineer.
This is a hardware-focused role in Haarlem, providing remote hands services, colocation, dedicated servers, cloud and PoP Services. For one of our customers, we are looking for a Dedicated Remote Hands Datacenter Operations Engineer. Together with a fellow Datacenter Operations Engineer, you will perform remote hands tasks during day shift.
What will you do?
- Take ownership of building new services such as servers, private racks, collocations, and process updates on them
- Windows and Linux Server Installations, including hardware and software configuration
- Hardware and Software updating
- Server recovery
- Managing hardware/spare part replacement
- Ticket resolving
- Troubleshooting closely with the customers Level 1 support team
- Administration due to the client requirements
- Participating in the capacity planning
- Project Management around provisioning of new servers or relocation of servers
What makes us happy?
You have an IT background, you know how a data center works and Remote Hands experience is a pre.
On top of that:
- Knowledge of Dell, HP or Supermicro, Huawei and IBM server products
- Linux / Windows experience
- Experience with server building
- Problem-solving mentality
- Basic Network knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in provisioning (cloud) servers
- You’re a self-starter and can work independently.
- You are proactive and adaptable and can work in a fast-paced environment. This means you need to be self-sustainable in daily operations.
- You need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands
- Competitive salary and shift allowance
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after-work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands.