Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Virtualization and Storage Engineer to join our Branded Cloud team in Amsterdam.
The Leaseweb Branded Cloud team delivers virtualized computing and storage solutions. The team designs, builds and supports these solutions based on VMware and NetApp technology.
What is the role about?
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in the Branded Cloud team, you are responsible for our worldwide cloud hosting and underlying storage platforms. You will be part of an agile team, striving for multidisciplinary, trust, autonomy, and full ownership of its services. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance tasks to complex projects. You will have the chance to work with different technologies and to bring our services to the next level you will design, build, and support our products.
Your actions will have major impact, and you will also clearly see the result of your work.
Your daily activities will be:
- Research new technologies and build new products
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors to deliver new services to our customers
- Support our sales team in understanding customers' needs and defining the best solutions
- Care for our customers and build sustainable long-term relationships with them
- Make sure our services are monitored and always up and running
- Be the 3rd support level, sometimes on-call, and solve those problems no one else could
Our ideal candidate has:
- Extensive experience with storage products (SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, and CIFS), NetApp is required and other solutions are desirable
- Proficiency in VMware solutions (vSphere 6.x, vCloud director)
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (AD, DNS, and Servers)
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Intermediate knowledge about networks
- Experience with automation tools/scripting like:
- Other scripting languages like e.g. Python, Pearl or Bash
- Chef or Ansible
- VMware VCP6/VCAP6 or higher and NetApp certifications are preferred (or the willingness to obtain it)
- Strong team player, able to be part and support a culture of trust, autonomy, and collaboration
- Self-motivated and driven by the will to provide excellent services to our customers
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Tabea Hensel, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.