The craft of backend development
Architecting, implementing and scaling game backends is daunting. That is why we are continuing the discussion on Game Backend Engineering started at GDC as an open ‘AMA’ panel session, followed by the first in a series of exclusive invite-only game developer cabals at Quo Vadis. Check out the recap on our blog here.
Join other online game veteran engineers and seasoned developers on architecting, implementing and scaling backend services, from smaller titles all the way to major international blockbusters. You will be in good company, like past participants from Certain Affinity (Halo, Call of Duty), Boss Fight (Dungeon Boss, Anvil: War of Heroes), Yager (Dreadnaught, The Circle), Ubisoft (Uplay), Funatics (Cultures Online, UFO Online), Tivola (Pet World, Dog Hotel), Stratosphere Games (War Zone) and several others.
Topics will range from
- Storage – What data goes where, how and when
- Operations – Deploying, monitoring, updating and analyzing the game
- Client/Server development – Communication, architecture, programming languages, security vs. performance, managing matches
- Speccing –The game service before writing any code
- Online game programming techniques and design – Participate in this exclusive invite-only event to exchange with your peer's insights on engineering/architecting backend services
When & Where
devcom is the official gamescom game developer event and Europe’s annual ‘must attend‘ conference taking place from 18-19 August in Cologne, Germany. On 19th August, Leaseweb will take the Tech & Programming stage, to talk about what keeps the game running - backend technologies.
Thank you for submitting the form>
We will get back to you shortly.