Senior Developer - Developer Platform
The Leaseweb API is the front door for our services to the world. The API will be powering all of Leasewebs websites, dashboards and in- and external applications. For the Leaseweb Developer Platform team we are seeking for a Senior Software Developer to build the best API in the hosting market and supporting platforms.
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
What is the role about?
As Senior Developer for the Developer Platform team you are responsible for applying your specialism to support the team with operations and R&D. You work with the different product teams to define, architect and review new APIs. You will interact with the developer community, represent Leaseweb API and participate in developer events to improve the API.
Furthermore you will design, implement and support applications, tools and platforms which support our development teams and customers, for example our authentication platform, central logging service etc.
Technologies you will be working with are (but not limited to) PHP, Elastic Stack, Chef, Nginx/LUA and more.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Experience with API Development
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol is a pre
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, preferred PHP
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel) is desirable
- Knowledge with version control systems (Git)
- Experience in setting up software architectures
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a pre
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Excellent communication skills (in English).
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science
What we offer
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.