Regional Network Engineer
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented colleagues to join us.
Our Data Center Operations Team is involved in the daily management of our current 6 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open 3 more data center location in Singapore, Japan and Australia later this year.
At the network department, we procure, manage and support the networks and Internet traffic of the various Leaseweb entities around the world. To ensure an optimized end-user experience for Leaseweb's services, we have direct connectivity to more than 4000 Internet networks via our global Internet backbone with over 50 Points-of-Presence in Europe, the US, and Asia, as well as to all major Tier 1 Internet backbones.
What is the role about?
You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the network equipment during the provisioning process in our data center in Singapore, and other data centers in the region as needed. You can manage complex installations and customer projects. You also assist customers with the installation of network equipment in more complex designs. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
As a Regional Network Engineer, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. On request, you have to start your workday early to support our operations in Australia and Japan if needed. And be on call when needed. You will report to the Data Center Operations Team Manager.
- Handling network related incidents (analyse, resolve, report)
- Provision network services (equipment configuration, test, administrative tasks)
- Network maintenance (back-ups, spares management, documentation, IP address management)
- Support for projects and development in other Leaseweb entities in the APAC region
- Taking ownership and giving lead to customer projects, relocation projects and complex installations.
- The assistance of customers within data centers (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Analysing data and advising the local team manager on improvements to be made to the department local processes
- Work with remote hands partners within the APAC region to support installation and/or adjustment of hardware.
- At least multiple years of hands-on experience working in a data center with servers and network equipment
- CCNA certification or diploma in Computer Science or similar discipline preferable with an emphasis in Technology.
- Strong Knowledge of Network Hardware (Switches, Firewalls, UTP’s, Fibers, SFP’s)
- Experience understanding/working with Arista, Juniper, Fortigate. Cisco
- Experience with Tools such as (Putty/Terraterm/Fluke Tester/OTDR)
- Network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Experience understanding and mitigating network hardware failures
- It would be a plus if you could speak Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Japanese to liase with stakeholders in the region.
- Ability to travel Travel (<10%) internationally to other data centers, as needed
- It would be a plus if you have (basic) knowledge of SAP
We will prioritize candidates who already have the working rights in Singapore.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + AWS + annual bonus scheme
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Weekly team lunch
- 18 days of paid time off
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Danisha Ardilla, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at email@example.com
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.