This procedure will guide you to perform the network conversion from Legacy Rack to Leaseweb’s Next-Generation Network (NGN) rack architecture in order to re-establish the server's network connectivity.
Please, follow these instructions to proceed with the network conversion from Legacy Rack to NGN rack architecture.
1) Tech Refresh Preparation.
This section explains how to save the basic network information before the server is moved to the new NGN rack, to facilitate the reconfiguration of the network on the server once the server is in the new rack.
Save the minimal network information.
It is important to keep the minimal network information because you will reconfigure the same IPs once the server is placed in the new Leaseweb NGN rack.
Login to VMware vSphere ESXi host as a superuser or root with SSH.
Run the esxcli network ip interface list command to get the network card details.
Run the esxcli network ip interface ipv4 get command to get the IP address details.
Run the esxcli network ip route ipv4 list command to get the route details.
To display the default gateway of VMkernel, run the esxcfg-route command.
2) Post-Tech Refresh (Server already moved to the NGN Rack)
Convert Network Configuration
Network Configuration on a VMWare server
- Press F2 to connect to your VMWare server and enter your user and Password
- Select the third option "Configure Management Network"
- Select the second option and remove the VLAN
- Finally, In the Network section of your server configuration, remove any VLAN used in any Port-Group.
+++++++++++++ ETH0 should be connected to the Public Port-Group
VMware DNS Modification
- Access ESXi console.
Remove the old DNS.
Add the new DNS.