Are you a customer and result-oriented support engineer? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you persuasive, energetic and able to get things done?
As a support engineer, your main task is to solve hardware and software problems independently, quickly, efficiently and accurately. You are responsible for providing professional technical support as well as a high customer satisfaction.
- Installation of various operating systems, for example Linux and Windows Server
- Installation of various administration tools, such as Plesk, DirectAdmin and cPanel
- Solving reported software problems
- Upgrade servers, such as software, operating system, and applications
- Remote coordination of upgrades/downgrades of various hardware components
- Identification and resolution of hardware problems
- Configuration of various hardware components, such as servers, switches, PDUs
- Technical coordination and close collaboration with the local datacenter teams
- Preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Good knowledge of different operating systems such as Linux and Windows Server
- Having obtained, or willingness to obtain, an industry standard Linux oriented certification (such as Red Hat or LIPC)
- ITIL basic knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of current IT hardware (servers, switches, firewalls, load balancers)
- Basic knowledge of network technology, especially server technology
- Knowledge of services like Apache, Postfix and MySQL are advantageous
- Structured approach combined with a careful, accurate and result-oriented methodology, especially in problem analysis
- Excellent customer and service orientation combined with good communication, team skills and social competence
- Available to work in shifts (the department operates in a 24/7 shift structure)
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 16 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Competitive time off policy
- Flexible Spending Account for Dependant Care and Medical expenses
- 100% Match on 401k
- Free lunch, good coffee, fruit and snacks, gym discount, company parties, monthly happy hours, foosball tournaments, and much more
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast growing organization
Want to learn more or apply?
Click on the apply button if you wish to apply directly. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.