Senior PHP Software Engineer - Shared Hosting
The Shared Hosting team is developing web-hosting, e-mail and DNS/domain related services. We recently started to provide our customers with renewed dashboards and API calls for the services we offer. We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to help us continue building the best API’s in the hosting market.
Our international team at LeaseWeb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage, Container services) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
What is the role about?
As Senior Software Engineer for the Shared Hosting team you are responsible for applying your skills to support the team with day to day development, operations and R&D.
With your knowledge you work to get our backend environment to a higher standard by alligning with the team, doing code reviews and pair-programming. You cooperate with other teams to keep dependencies in check and join in architecture discussions.
Furthermore you will design, implement and support applications, tools and platforms for our customers and department. For example our DNS and domains applications and future API’s.
Technologies you will be working with are (but not limited to) PHP, Symfony, PHPUnit, Jenkins, Git, Chef, Docker, K8s and more.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Experience with API Development (REST)
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, preferred PHP
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel) is desirable
- Knowledge of Angular (2+) and testing frameworks like Karma is desirable
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Knowledge with version control systems (Git)
- Experience in setting up software architectures
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a nice to have
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Experience in mentoring of more junior colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills (in English, dutch is a nice to have).
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Barbara Poveda, Talent Acquisition Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.