Senior PHP Developer - Bare Metal
Are you passionate about software development and eager to define, develop and review new APIs? Can you work with the Agile / SCRUM methodology?
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
What is the role?
As a PHP Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in PHP. Your responsibilities can vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative (Research and Implementation) projects.
- Analyzing requirements and designs, developing and maintaining products and services
- Modifying existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
- Ensuring that all LSW applications are tested and deployed in an automated process
- Participating in all aspects from detailed programming to high-level systems design
- Participating actively in the team Scrum activities and registering the activities in JIRA
- Giving assistance to non-technical colleagues and collaborate with different departments (also non-technical) and customers
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5 years+ of PHP5 experience and Object Orientated Programming
- Understanding of MVC
- Experience with PHP frameworks is a plus (preferably Symfony/Symfony2, Laravel, Zend or CakePHP)
- Good knowledge of GNU/ Linux environments
- Knowledge of programming architectures and common Design Patterns
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL database design and implementation
- High level of MySQL (knowledge of NoSQL is a plus)
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Eager to play with new technologies and trends such as distributed systems, NoSQL, caching mechanisms, load balancing, CAP theorem
- Basic knowledge of ISP related technologies such as servers’ hardware and cloud technologies is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take up 24/7 responsibility for their product (regular on-call duty)
What we offer
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Barbara Poveda, Talent Acquisition Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654 235 261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.