Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The CloudStack team builds and operates a state of the art cloud hosting platform based on Apache CloudStack.
It's your job to design, implement and monitor our worldwide infrastructure together with your colleagues. Technologies you'll work with include Apache CloudStack, KVM, Prometheus and Chef.
Our international team at Leaseweb Product Engineering is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of several small scrum teams and you will be working with 12 other colleagues directly in your team. Each team is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Automate, maintain and support the Apache CloudStack infrastructure
- Ensure the availability of Linux-based virtualization platforms
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems before they become incidents
- Regular on-call duty
- Proven troubleshooting & problem solving abilities
- Expert in Linux system administration
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization technologies (KVM, Libvirt)
- Knowledge and experience of the traditional networking stack, such as VLANs, VXLan, LACP, DHCP etc.
- Juniper / Cisco / Arista Switch OS and configuration
- You have some programming / scripting experience in at least one of the following languages: Bash, Python, Go, Ruby
- Good written and spoken English
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Scrum experience and / or working in a DevOps team
- Customer support experience
- You have seen the inside of a datacenter and know how to rack a server
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.