Senior Frontend Engineer - Website
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will work in an agile environment to conceive, describe and craft, beautifully useful digital services. You will work on high profile projects, building responsive mobile-friendly websites and e-commerce applications. You’ll gain exposure to the full stack utilising continuous integration processes and a broad range of technologies to deliver a high-quality customer focused experience across a range of devices.
When you’re not writing code you will be assisting with prototyping and wireframes, or doing feature demonstrations. You’ll be encouraged to innovate and share knowledge with your team as well as the department.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Prototype, Design and Develop high-quality applications using well-crafted HTML, SASS and Angular including supporting backend development using Node and other frameworks where required
- Drive the planning and execution of integrating the Spartacus Angular framework as the front-end solution for our SAP Cloud-Commerce platform
- Collaborate closely with our UI/UX designer and Marketing department, to develop in-browser prototypes, living style guides, pattern libraries and re-usable UI components
- Work closely with backend engineers to marry unit tests with rigorous end-to-end testing to ensure applications function as expected
- Adopt and evolve frontend engineering standards and practices, to ensure we have a shared and common approach to development and delivery.
- Mentor your front-end developer colleagues on best practices for Angular applications, including optimizing HTTP API calls, state management and creating scalable solutions
- 5 years of experience with building front-end applications
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming and best practices
- An appreciation for progressive enhancement, graceful degradation and building for resilience
- Modern responsive CSS with an understanding of CSS management strategies and processing (e.g. Sass, BEM, CSS Modules etc.)
- Experience of unit and integration testing (e.g. CasperJs, Protractor, Jasmine)
- A good understanding of WCAG accessibility guidelines, common issues across web and mobile devices, how to fix them and crucially how to avoid them in the first place
- A good knowledge of git, branching and continuous integration strategies
- A good understanding of the full web stack including HTTP, REST APIs and performance debugging
- Be a confident problem solver, troubleshooter and debugger in both development and production environments
- Ability to convert stakeholder requirements into stories and tasks, help define acceptance criteria and provide estimates for delivery
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, describing technical issues and solutions in both written and meeting/workshop contexts.
- On call for EOD [Engineer on Duty] rotation
Nice to haves
- E-commerce methodologies [Understanding of payment gateways]
- State management [NGRX]
- Remote collaboration
- Database experience
- Understanding of CDN
- OAuth and security
What we offer
- Competitive salary and annual company bonus
- Secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- Free lunch
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast growing organization.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654 235 261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.