Cloud and Storage PHP Developer
Are you an innovative and service driven Software Engineer? Are you keen to work in a fast moving environment with like-minded people?
The Product Engineering Department
Our international team at LeaseWeb Technologies oversees our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data centre automation, product research & development (Shared Hosting, Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As a PHP Software Engineer you are responsible for developing and supporting our systems written in PHP. You will work in an Agile self-organized team that takes care of LeaseWeb systems. These comprise of VMware private and public cloud, NetApp storage, backup and disaster recovery service and Object Storage. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to complex tasks. To get our services to a next level, more automation is needed. There' s a lot of opportunity for own contributions on design and implementation.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with PHP frameworks (preferably Symfony or Laravel).
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and unit testing.
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git).
- Infrastructure automation with Chef.
- Comfortable with Docker and Jenkins.
- Preferably the candidate should also have experience with Ubuntu.
- MySQL knowledge.
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
- Willingness to learn about operational work and eventually take over EoD shifts
Nice to have:
- Experience with operational infrastructure work and API integration preferably with the following technologies:
- VMWare (ie. vCloud, NSXT-Manager)
- Object Storage
- Shared storage platforms, preferably NetApp
- Experience with Powershell, apache, Haproxy, DNS, e-mail servers.
- Working with agile framework and tools like Jira.
- Participation in an annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and a monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons, and much more
- Monthly after-work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Demetra Spyrou, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.