What is the role about
We are looking for an Operations Director who would like to be part of the building and development of a new datacenter with everything that comes with it. You will lead the project in the right direction together with the experts on the field.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to not only lead the operations department in a datacenter but help design and build the datacenter as well.
This calls for a leader with both technical and creative skills, with a very positive mindset, and a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be leading the innovation of our very own modular datacenter concept. It is known as the DTX Scale module and has been deployed in large numbers in one of the leading datacenters in the Amsterdam region. The concept has proven to be top of the industry, but we believe that there is always room for improvement.
These modules will then be built by a third party and deployed into a new, to be developed datacenter.
Tasks and responsibilities:
You will be managing all parties involved in product improvement in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering, plumbing, civil and structural engineering.
Manage (together with oud advisors) all permit applications for new builds and future expansions.
You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the datacenter once it is built, and all new datacenter developments within Evoswitch.
The ideal candidate has a background on directors’ level in datacenter design and/or operations. The most important trait however is the ability to think in possibilities and keep an open mind. Although the modular concept has proven itself, there is still quite a lot of ‘pioneering’ involved which requires a hands-on approach to solving issues.
What we offer:
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process.
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings.
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more.
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference.
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via email@example.com or +31 6 54 23 52 61. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.