Are you keen to join an organization that provides hybrid cloud hosting services in 27 data centers around the globe, with an impressive global network, a fast paced innovation cycle and the most inspiring colleagues in the industry? Are you the experienced Network Architect we are looking for? Let’s talk!
At Leaseweb Network we design, manage, support and procure the networks, network products and Internet traffic of the various Leaseweb entities around the world and we support Leaseweb customers with their networking needs. To ensure an optimized end-user experience for Leaseweb's services, we have direct connectivity to >4000 Internet networks via our global Internet backbone with >50 Data Centers and Points-of-Presence in Europe, the US and Asia, as well as to all major Tier 1 Internet backbones. Under the brand FiberRing we also provide network connectivity and Internet access services among the leading data centers in and around Amsterdam.
What is the role about?
The Network Architects are the ultimate network technology experts within Leaseweb. You will be the technical master mind behind the architecture, standards and technology of our network infrastructure, network products and services and IP interconnection.
This is a high profile role, based in our Amsterdam HQ, where the key decisions are made.
- Set the architecture, select the technology and define standards for Leaseweb (including FiberRing) network infrastructure and associated products/services – and lead/support/monitor deployment
- Design and develop (or support development of) tools/systems and processes to define, support and/or automate the work in Leaseweb Network, with the objective to optimize efficiency and quality
- Select and support procurement of network infrastructure technology (equipment, software) and manage the life cycle.
- Set the strategy and support/monitor execution for IP Interconnection (Transit, peering, traffic engineering) and global IP address management
- Manage relation with other Leaseweb teams (e.g. Product Engineering, Operations) to contribute to their network related activities and ensure synergy with Leaseweb Network activities
- Act as a last resort technical contact point for pre-sales requests and incidents (escalations)
- Continue to develop technology and industry knowledge (through study, training, conferences and managing relations with industry contacts) and support knowledge development in Leaseweb Network through coaching and training
- Contribute as a member of the Leaseweb Network Management Team to achieving its objectives
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7 years + experience within the ISP sector
- A bachelor degree (working level)
- CCNP, CCIE working level
- Experience with optical transmission systems (DWDM)
- Experience with network security and application delivery technology (firewalls, loadbalancers, DDoS mitigation technology)
- Verbal and written communication in English; Dutch is a
- Customer orientation
- Extra-organizational awareness
- Ability to take initiative
- Commitment to quality
- Drive to analyze complex problems and delivering good solutions
- A balanced approach to stressful situations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply. For more information, please contact Tabea Hensel, Talent Acquisition Specialist via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.