We have a global Legal & Compliance department based in Amsterdam which is responsible for providing global legal management and advice for Leaseweb in Amsterdam and for its globally organized locations as well as its B2B customers, suppliers, e-commerce, cloud services and regulatory government agencies & sector organizations.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join this team and are looking for someone who has an affinity with the internet, cloud and datacenter industry. Next to that, we are looking for someone with an interest in webshop e-commerce, international B2B contracts, corporate (finance & housekeeping) and regulatory, commercial, real estate and privacy matters. You will help grow our group of entities while making sure our services are compliant.
What is the role about?
You will report to the General Counsel and will be based in Amsterdam. Next to you, we have another Legal Counsel in the team, and you will interact on a frequent basis with our Global Compliance team, with our business teams, leadership, customer care and contract management departments.
- You will provide a full range of legal services to different departments such as security, procurement, rent & real estate marketing, product management, finance, tax, insurance, M&A, sales and datacenter operations across the organization and its regional sales offices (Netherlands, Germany, UK, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney and the US).
- You will draft, review and negotiate contracts, letters, policies, procedures, templates and any other legal documentation to manage and guide various business teams and their activities.
- You will take care of regulatory & compliance legal developments and corporate housekeeping, terms and conditions and policies of all entities of Leaseweb and ensure that standardized practices are maintained while adhering to applicable law.
- Master’s degree in Dutch Law
- Preferably 3 years or more experience in a law firm or similar legal position as described above
- You understand international business challenges and cloud & datacenter industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- You are pragmatic and enjoy the variety of corporate and business needs
- You enjoy working in a small team taking responsibility for various broad legal matters
What we offer
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and training.
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Lead, at: email@example.com.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.