General Ledger Accountant
Financial information is at the root of all major business decisions and the General Ledger Accountant plays an important part in helping the company make the right decisions. Your mission is to ensure high quality and up-to-date general ledger records. You are amongst others responsible for ensuring timely and correct closing procedures for the entire group including the subsidiaries in the US, Germany, Singapore, UK and Australia. This is an exciting job with many challenges as a result of the rapid growth which the company experienced over the past years. This requires continuous improvement and professionalization of the financial processes and systems to meet the demands of all stakeholders.
This position is based in Amsterdam and you will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Maintaining accurate general ledger records including but not limited to fixed assets, revenue recognition, cost allocation, payroll, and IC balances
- Timely completion of monthly closing procedures
- Continuous improvements of the administrative processes
- Confirming financial information with the stakeholders in subsidiaries around the world
- Support in the annual financial audits
- Support in the preparation of monthly financial reports for subsidiaries
- Prepare tax filings and -reconciliations (VAT, GST)
- Assist in internal tax audits
- Carrying out (ad-hoc) financial analysis, support controlling activities
- You love bookkeeping
- Focused on continuous improvements of processes
- Proactive communication skills with your colleagues and various stakeholders within the company
- You have an eye for detail and work in an accurate manner
- Work skills on professional level (Bachelor level)
- Relevant work experience in a similar position
- Experience in working with an ERP system (SAP experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Good command of English; Dutch is a plus
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 43 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Demetra Spyrou, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.