Java Developer - Apache CloudStack.
What is the role?
We are looking for Java Developer with a true DevOps mentality to join our CloudStack team. Your main focus will be contributing to the Apache CloudStack project by developing and testing new features as well as automating all our processes
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers from all over the world with curious minds who are excited about the challenges and responsible for building and operating Leaseweb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position, you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, networking and automation. Our team values openness and trust, proactive collaboration and knowledge sharing initiative, customer focus, and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does. We believe it is important to have fun team moments and are looking for a team mate to also spend some time with out of working scope.
What you will do:
- Responsible for developing and supporting the Apache CloudStack project mostly written in Java (using spring framework) and following API-first philosophy.
- Together with your team you’ll actively contribute to maintain and deploy the team's applications in production environments.
- Within the team you act as a true DevOps engineer helping us to close the bridge between operations and development even more
- Collaborate with Leaseweb’s Product Engineering teams to define features, which we’ll give back to the open source community.
- Responsible for the maintenance of development environments for the team members as well as the integration test environments (using CloudStack, Jenkins and Chef).
- Work on automating new platform deployments and maintenance.
- Participation in the 'on duty' rotation schedule.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with Iaas projects (e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, etc.) is required
- Solid experience with some of the following languages is required: Java/Python. It is a big advantage if you have commits to core components of open source IaaS projects (CloudStack,OpenStack, etc).
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems is required. Experience with Shell/Bash is an advantage.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as KVM/QEMU, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like libvirt is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience on basic Networking and Storage will be a big advantage
- It would be nice to have experience on continuous integration tools (Chef, Jenkins, etc)
- It would be an advantage to have experience on Git/ Grafana/ Prometheus/ Kubernetes/ Docker
On top of the technical requirements we think it is important that you love team work have good planning skills, logical thinking skills, problem solving skills and have an eye for detail.
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.