Java Developer - Apache CloudStack
What is the role?
We are looking for Java Developer with a true DevOps mentality to join our CloudStack team. Your main focus will be contributing to the Apache CloudStack project by developing and testing new features as well as automating all our processes
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers from all over the world with curious minds who are excited about the challenges and responsible for building and operating Leaseweb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position, you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, networking and automation. Our team values openness and trust, proactive collaboration and knowledge sharing initiative, customer focus, and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does. We believe it is important to have fun team moments and are looking for a team mate to also spend some time with out of working scope.
What you will do:
- Responsible for developing and supporting the Apache CloudStack project mostly written in Java (using spring framework) and following API-first philosophy.
- Together with your team you’ll actively contribute to maintain and deploy the team's applications in production environments.
- Within the team you act as a true DevOps engineer helping us to close the bridge between operations and development even more
- Collaborate with Leaseweb’s Product Engineering teams to define features, which we’ll give back to the open source community.
- Responsible for the maintenance of development environments for the team members as well as the integration test environments (using CloudStack, Jenkins and Chef).
- Work on automating new platform deployments and maintenance.
- Participation in the 'on duty' rotation schedule.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with Iaas projects (e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, etc.) is required
- Solid experience with some of the following languages is required: Java/Python. It is a big advantage if you have commits to core components of open source IaaS projects (CloudStack,OpenStack, etc).
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems is required. Experience with Shell/Bash is an advantage.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as KVM/QEMU, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like libvirt is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience on basic Networking and Storage will be a big advantage
- It would be nice to have experience on continuous integration tools (Chef, Jenkins, etc)
- It would be an advantage to have experience on Git/ Grafana/ Prometheus/ Kubernetes/ Docker
On top of the technical requirements we think it is important that you love team work have good planning skills, logical thinking skills, problem solving skills and have an eye for detail.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch and fruit
- Free parking
- Relocation package (when you are not living in the Netherlands yet)
- Team fun events, quarterly Hackathon
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via email@example.com or +31 654235261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.