Full-Stack Developer (PHP) - Customer Portal
Are you passionate about software development and eager to define, develop and review new APIs? Can you work with the Agile / SCRUM methodology?
Our international team at Leaseweb Technologies is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why we have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As a Full-stack Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in PHP. You will work in an Agile self-organized team that takes care of the Customer Portal of Leaseweb and the other organizations within Ocom group. Customer Portal is the main customer facing control panel where the customers manage their services, payments, support tickets, etc.. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative R&D projects.
Your daily activities will include:
- Analyzing requirements and designs, developing and maintaining products and services
- Modifying existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
- Giving assistance to non-technical colleagues and collaborating with different departments
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems
- Regular on-call duty
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 3 years experience with software development
- Experience with API Development (REST)
- Experience with PHP Object Orientated Programming and frameworks (preferably Symfony)
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu.
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of Angular (12+) and testing frameworks like Karma is desirable
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a nice to have
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their work with a GitHub profile or other website.
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.