Datacenter Operations Engineer – Hong Kong
The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented individuals to join us.
Our Data center Operations Team is involved in the daily management of our current 6 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open 3 more data center location in Singapore, Japan and Australia later this year. This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users.
You will be responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the provisioning process in our data center in Hong Kong, and other data centers in the region as needed. You can manage complex installations and customer projects. You also assist customers with the installation of servers and other equipment in more complex designs. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you will work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday, between 7am to 6 p.m. On request you have to start your workday early to support our operations in Australia and Japan and be on call when needed. One week per month you will be on EOD and be on standby. There will be EOD allowance.
You will report to the Managing Director APAC.
- Installation, configuration, relocation, and removal of server equipment at the data center
- The assistance of customers within data centers (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Upgrade/downgrade of server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replacement of hardware and handling of all relevant administrative matters.
- Testing servers and server equipment in accordance with standards
- Work with remote hands partners within the APAC region to support installation and/or adjustment of servers.
- At least one year of hands-on experience working in a data center with servers
- Knowledge of various operating systems, especially Linux
- Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, KVM, Hard Drives, Memory etc.)
- Basic network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
- Certificate or degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferably with an emphasis in Technology
- Professional and effective communication in English
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with hands-on experience, working in a data center environment. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Danisha Ardilla - Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: email@example.com
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.