The Leaseweb USA team is growing quickly and looking for talented individuals to join us.
Are you a hand-on and technology driven engineer? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you energetic and able to get things done? Then you should apply with us!
Everybody at Leaseweb is responsible for high customer satisfaction. We give are customer the royal treatment. Our team of Data center Operations Engineers is involved in the daily management of our 10 data center facilities throughout the US.
This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users.
You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the provisioning process in our data center in Chicago, Illinois and other domestic data centers as needed. You also assist customers with installation of servers and other equipment. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you will work Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.and be on call when needed. You will receive a flat EOD (Engineer on Duty) payment twice a month. In addition, to your EOD flat rate, you will get paid 180% of your regular rate, for any hours worked while on call (before and after hours, or on weekends).
- Installation, relocation and removal of server equipment at the data center
- Assistance of customers within data centers (for customers with their own racks/servers)
- Upgrade/downgrade of server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replacement of hardware and handling of all relevant administrative matters (RMA handling)
- Testing servers and server equipment in accordance with standards
- At least one year of hands on experience working in a data center with servers
- Knowledge of various operating systems, especially Linux
- Knowledge of Hardware (Servers, Switches, KVM, Hard Drives, Memory etc.)
- Basic network knowledge (adjusting DNS/IP/Netmask/gateway/etc.)
Valid driver’s license
- Certificate or degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferably with an emphasis in Technology
- Strong Work Ethic
- Professional and effective communication
- Time Management
- Team Player
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to other data centers, as needed.
- Travel <10%
Who are you?
We’re looking for a team player with hands-on experience, working in a data center environment. You should be a highly dependable and responsible individual.
Work for LeaseWeb and help make the internet’s heartbeat.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 16 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Competitive time off policy
- Flexible Spending Account for Dependant Care and Medical expenses
- 100% Match on 401k
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast growing organization
Want to learn more or apply?
Click on the apply button if you wish to apply directly. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.