Contractor Data Center Operations Engineer
Is to be an on-call contractor and available for remote hands work at data center.
- Configuring layer 3 network devices specifically Juniper, Arista switches
- Configuring power infrastructure APC, Tripp Lite PDU and ATS
- Rack, stack and cable
- Receiving and booking inventory into internal system per established procedures
- Deliver custom build servers to customers
- Cabling (accordance with company’s standards)
- Firmware upgrade servers bios, raid controller, and ipmi
- Firmware upgrade switches and pdu’s
- Label, patch and run fiber
- Hard drive check, wiping and degaussing drives
- Install Linux and Windows operating systems and configure so system is reachable remotely for troubleshooting and or deployment.
- Install and configure hardware and software raid
- Troubleshoot broken hardware
- configure IPMI so console is remotely accessible
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Detail Oriented
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Should have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to work in Data Center environment with varying temperatures and noise levels.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds and be able to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Work for Leaseweb and help make the internet’s heartbeat.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud-hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 16 data centers throughout the world.