Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Virtualization and Storage Engineer to join our Branded Cloud team in Amsterdam.
The Leaseweb Branded Cloud team delivers virtualized computing and storage solutions. The team designs, builds and supports these solutions based on VMware and NetApp technology.
What is the role about?
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in the Branded Cloud team, you are responsible for our worldwide cloud hosting and underlying storage platforms. You will be part of an agile team, striving for multidisciplinary, trust, autonomy, and full ownership of its services. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance tasks to complex projects. You will have the chance to work with different technologies and to bring our services to the next level you will design, build, and support our products.
Your actions will have major impact, and you will also clearly see the result of your work.
Your daily activities will be:
- Research new technologies and build new products
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors to deliver new services to our customers
- Support our sales team in understanding customers' needs and defining the best solutions
- Care for our customers and build sustainable long-term relationships with them
- Make sure our services are monitored and always up and running
- Be the 3rd support level, sometimes on-call, and solve those problems no one else could
Our ideal candidate has:
- Extensive experience with storage products (SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, and CIFS), NetApp is required and other solutions are desirable
- Proficiency in VMware solutions (vSphere 6.x, vCloud director)
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (AD, DNS, and Servers)
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Intermediate knowledge about networks
- Experience with automation tools/scripting like:
- Other scripting languages like e.g. Python, Pearl or Bash
- Chef or Ansible
- VMware VCP6/VCAP6 or higher and NetApp certifications are preferred (or the willingness to obtain it)
- Strong team player, able to be part and support a culture of trust, autonomy, and collaboration
- Self-motivated and driven by the will to provide excellent services to our customers
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Holiday allowance
- Annual company bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch, and free parking
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible or contact Tabea Hensel (Talent Acquisition Specialist) on email@example.com.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.